Monday 17 October 2011

Missing - one cat

I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front this week.  One of our cats has disappeared and I've put quite a lot of time and effort into trying to track him down.  In the process, I've discovered a website called Animal Search which has so far been incredibly helpful.  They will liaise with your insurance company directly, add your missing pet to a database and supply you with posters and flyers to display and distribute.  Insurance companies will often fund a reward as well and Animal search provides an 0800 number for people to ring in confidence.  Handy as I guess they often don't want to be the bearers of bad news.  However, any news is better than none.


Sadly for us, it's been a week since Jim just didn't come home one night. There have been no phone calls so far and we are slowly becoming resigned to not seeing him again.


Very sad.  He is hugely missed.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so sad about your cat. I really hope it's not bad news. Wow this is quite the organisation looking for animals - amazing. My fingers are crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks Jody. At least we haven't had to deal with a corpse - I think while there's no news, there's hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope he turns up.....and know how you feel, so good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! Fingers crossed he just walks in one day after going AWOL.

    Animal Search sounds a fab organisation though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Libby & Sarah - we hope he shows up too but the longer it goes on, the less likely it seems. There is a big urban fox population around here so that could explain it....yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your cat. Hope that he shows up. We had to say goodbye to our dog last year (but at least we got chance to say goodbye to him and weren't left wondering what had happened) and it was a very sad time. Will keep my fingers crossed for you that Jim just found a girlfriend and will be home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Almost Bedtime - someone at work told me today that her cat turned up after two weeks so maybe there is still hope. Unfortunately Jim wouldn't be particularly interested in a girlfriend any more (ahem)but I really do hope he shows. Paddy misses him terribly - he's taken to sleeping on my head which is a bit disconcerting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to read this....I'm still hoping he turns up for you!
    I'm not even thinking about any alternatives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just checking in hoping for good news about kitty. So sorry for you all, and Paddy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope has hasn't fallen under the Orient Express :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh go on - say something for God's sake...